Wednesday, May 20, 2015

A beginning

By now, I hope you've read my introduction on my Google+ profile. If you haven't I'll give you a brief run. I have PCOS, and I'm fat. Sorry to all you ultra femmes out there who think fat is beautiful and I shouldn't be ashamed of myself and blah blah whatever. Fat is beautiful, skinny is beautiful, everyone has a body type they feel comfortable with and the one I currently have, slightly shy of 5'5 and 238lbs, is not my comfortable place. I'm not happy. It took me three years to come to the realization I'm not happy being big. Hats off to you if you are, keep that smile because hunny, you are beautiful. I just didn't feel it. Not for me. So the following posts are my battles, my inspirations and dreams for myself on my journey to lose weight and get back to my happy place.

I won't lie to you and tell you this came by me easily. There have been lots of false starts. There have been tons of missteps and even more tears when I saw all my hard work not show up on the scale. Please, please I'm begging, if you stumbled across my blog because you are also wanting to lose weight, do yourself a favor, take your scale and put it up in a closet and don't even look at that jerk until your weigh day. Don't even touch it. Don't care. That scale will only throw out all the good feelings and endorphins you get from completing your first workout, your first complete day of eating right, your first complete week without soda or sugary drinks, and it will drag you down. Instead pick one day every week or even better every month or somewhere in between and take note. Never use the scale to determine your progress. That number is only a .0000000001% of your journey. If you want to be successful don't use your daily weight as a meter of your success. I learned that the hard way and it was responsible for about 4 of the 9 false starts to my journey. So just chunk that hunk of jerk filled hate in a closet until you're ready to weigh in. Instead of using the scales, I'm using my feelings to determine my success. How do I feel today compared to yesterday. Do I feel happier, am I sore from yesterday's workout, have I conquered a craving, do I look better today? These are the foundations of why I want to lose weight. It's not the number or the dress size exactly. It's the feeling of running around, chasing my three year old around the house with a napkin because he's trying to eat his boogers. It's the feeling of pushing harder than I did yesterday. It's the feeling of knowing I did my best to kick PCOS in the face and say it will not determine me. That's just my two cents. Right there on the table. Take it or leave it there for the next person.

So, by now I'm sure you're wondering what my plan is. Or was. Or is. Not sure. This blog may take off from day one or it may blow up after I've lost all my weight and continue to blog as I struggle with maintaining that weight. I e never been good at maintaining. I'm not even sure why I'm allowed to have kids. I couldn't keep a plant alive, from the looks of my window garden I honestly still can't, but for whatever reason they're doing fantastic. The kids, not the plants 😖My whole plan is a low glycemic index diet. As it's been said, you can't outrun a cheeseburger. You simply cannot exercise enough to lose weight on a poor diet. I don't care if you run every waking second. If you don't eat well, your body will just shut it all down. I'm also taking a few supplements for iron, magnesium, some fish oil, my prenatal vitamins, because this is my journey not only to better health, but to be pregnant with that baby girl, and vitamin D. These are just my supplements because of my health conditions, what I've been deficient in and what I've read and been told would help in my situation. Everyone is different so please please please talk with your doctor first before starting anything. Especially if you haven't been active for a while. You may have underlying health conditions that differ from mine and need different nutrients. I'm not a health professional and I'm not a trained weight loss coach or a dietitian or any of that. I'm just a woman on a journey. Before you start yours, make sure you get the all clear and ask for recommendations on what to do for your specific goals.

Thank you so much for reading and supporting me on this path. Please comment below with your inspiration, your fears, what's stopping you, what's pushing you forward. We're all here together and a village gets it done. Thanks so much. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment